A dip that is creamy, refreshing, filled with fresh herbs, filled with protein - yes, it is true! A healthy cottage cheese dip for chips and veggies - whichever you want - or BOTH, no judgment here. The dip uses cottage cheese as the base, along with plain Greek yogurt, to increase the creamy texture and protein! Add fresh herbs, lemon juice, and Kosher salt for a flavorful, high-protein recipe. It's perfect for dipping in raw veggies and kettle chips, or as a cottage cheese spread on a wrap or crackers.
For some, the texture of cottage cheese can be an issue, and they are not a fan of cottage cheese. However, do not skip this easy dip recipe because you are not a cottage cheese fan. A food processor will turn the plain cottage cheese into a whipped, creamy dip recipe. Perfect for dipping in fresh veggies or potato chips. The best part, it is also a great source of protein!
- Full-Fat Cottage Cheese - Whatever your favorite kind of cottage cheese is, use that brand for this dip too. I love the Daisy brand and the Aldi brand. Look for a brand with minimal ingredients. If you need a lactose free cottage cheese, use your favorite brand.
- Plain Greek Yogurt - Using yogurt increases the creaminess and adds the perfect tang to the veggie dip.
- Fresh Parsley - Use a flat leaf fresh parsley.
- Fresh Basil - Adds the perfect flavor, and it smells incredible.
- Green Onions - Use only the green onion tops to make this dip low FODMAP.
- Kosher Salt - My favorite salt for savory recipes.
- Low FODMAP Garlic Salt - Use a Monash Certified version. I love Smoke and Sanity’s essence of garlic salt.
- Dried Dill - Dill adds that ranch-like flavor we all know and love.
- Lemon Juice - Fresh juice is best! Grab a lemon while in the produce section at the grocery store.
Plus, your favorite dipping options! Fresh Veggies, crackers, or potato chips!
See the recipe card for the exact measurements and complete instructions. Selected ingredients are based on current serving sizes measured by the Monash FODMAP App at the time of publishing. As always, follow your gut and modify as needed.Jump to Recipe
Grab a 14-cup food processor or high speed blender. Add the fresh parsley, fresh basil, and green onions. Pulse a few times to make sure the herbs and green onions are chopped up.
Next, add the cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, salt, garlic salt, lemon juice, and dried dill. Puree the cottage cheese mixture until smooth. Remove the dip from the food processor and place in a medium bowl.
The best part of this healthy dip is the dippers! This is a great cottage cheese veggie dip for all your favorite vegetables, like carrots, sliced bell peppers, snap peas, sweet peppers, sliced cucumbers, and broccoli. Serve this dip as part of a charcuterie board!
Or perhaps you love the salty factor and want to enjoy a cottage cheese chip dip with your favorite chips! Great options include tortilla chips, kettle chips, potato chips, baked chips, veggie straws, or pita chips. Try pita bread too! Grab a gluten free option if you need it!
- Lactose Free Cottage Cheese - If you need a lower lactose dip, use a lactose free cottage cheese.
- Plain Greek Yogurt - If you do not love Greek yogurt, you can substitute sour cream. It will add a bit more tang and reduce the protein content in the recipe.
- Garlic Salt - Do not have garlic salt or need a better low FODMAP option, sub in a tablespoon of garlic infused olive oil.
- Cottage Cheese - In place of full-fat 4% cottage cheese, you can swap out for low-free, or non-fat cottage cheese. Using a lower fat will impact the texture, but it will change the nutrition information. Gauge what works best for your body and modify as necessary.
- Avocado - Add half an avocado with the cottage cheese. Creating a cottage cheese and avocado dip, increasing healthy fats, and upping the creamy factor!
- Ranch Seasoning - Create a ranch cottage cheese dip! Add a tablespoon of ranch seasoning. Smoke and Sanity has a great low FODMAP option.
This cottage cheese dip will taste delicious the next day. Keep this creamy cottage cheese dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. I would not freeze this dip. The defrosting process would not create the best results for this dairy-based dip. It is best to whip up another batch of this dip if you need more.
Low FODMAP Notes
- Cottage Cheese - If you cannot tolerate lactose, use lactose free cottage cheese. Otherwise, cottage cheese has been tested safe by Monash at two tablespoons or 40 grams. Determine your serving size and go from there.
- Greek Yogurt - Greek yogurt has less lactose than regular yogurt, but it still has lactose. Monash has marked it safe at 23 grams.
- Green Onions - If you cannot tolerate fructans, use only the green onion tops.
- Garlic Salt - Smoke and Sanity has a great garlic salt alternative. It has all the garlic flavor without the garlic!
This delicious dip is perfect for a potluck game day dip! Nobody will ever know it is healthy!
Make it for a protein-packed side dish option and serve it on the side alongside a club sandwich, Cuban steak sandwich, or a BLT with cottage bacon! Use it as a cottage cheese spread on a toasted bagel or Greek wrap.
Need another excellent dip option? Homemade hummus made from chickpeas is a delicious recipe! Need a dairy free snack option? Make a batch of dairy free ranch! Cannot decide which dip to make? Make all three!
Healthy Cottage Cheese Dip
- 6 Springs of Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves Removed
- 6 Green Onions Tops Removed
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 cups Cottage Cheese Full Fat 4%
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 3 teaspoons Dried Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a 12 cup food processor, add the parsley, green onion tops, and fresh basil. Pulse until the herbs and onions are chopped up.
- Next add the cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, salt, garlic salt, dried dill, and fresh lemon juice. Puree the cottage cheese mixture until it is fully whipped. The mixture will have a slight green tint to it. This is due to the fresh herbs and green onions.
- Remove the dip from the food processor and place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator. Use your favorite dippers, either fresh veggies or chips!