Ranch flavor has unmistakable dill and chive flavors. Using Dairy Free Ranch Seasoning mix in recipes adds additional flavor without any dairy. It is also a great way to enjoy that classic ranch flavor even if you cannot eat dairy. Making a homemade version allows for customization using pantry staples.
Dry ranch seasoning can be added to dairy free sour cream and Hellman's vegan mayo or Just Mayo to create a quick dip. Keep it in an airtight container or mason jar to enjoy ranch whenever the craving hits.
Skip the store-bought packet from the grocery store! With an ingredient list, nobody can pronounce. Stick with dried herbs with a perfect spice blend for all the ranch lovers in your life.
Ranch Dressing INGREDIENTS
- Dried Dill Weed
- Freeze Dried Chives
- Dried Oregano Leaves
- Dried Parsley Flakes
- Kosher Salt
See the recipe card for the exact measurements and complete instructions. Selected ingredients are based on current serving sizes measured by the Monash FODMAP App at the time of publishing. As always, follow your gut and modify as needed.
I found super cute spice jar mason jars and thought they would be great for DIY spice mixes! They are the perfect size for a spice cabinet.
If you have a small funnel, it will help pour the spices into the jar. However, if you do not have a funnel, it will still work, you may just have a bit of a mess.
Pour each spice into the jar. Cover and give it a good shake to combine. And done! So simple.
Ranch Mix Variations
- Garlic - If your diet allows, feel free to add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Onion- If you can tolerate onion powder or onion flakes, add 1 teaspoon of that as well.
Labeling the Spice Jars
Identify what spice mixture contents are in the jar so there are no mysteries. To solve this problem, I picked up a set of black chalk labels and some chalk. I cut the label to fit the jar and done!
How To Use Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Ranch Dip - Bring it to a party with cut-up veggies or potato chips. Kettle chips would be delicious. Also, a dip for french fries.
- Taco Soup - Use it in place of hidden valley ranch packets in this delicious soup.
- Mexican Ranch Salad Dressing - This dry mix is used to make this dressing for quesadilla burgers or for taco salad.
- Empty Spice Jar
- Small Funnel
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Dill
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Dry Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Freeze Dried Chives
- 1 teaspoons Ground Pepper
- Fill the empty spice jar with each of the ingredients. Cover and shake.