Skip the gluten-free pie crust altogether! The best crustless strawberry pie recipe relies on the pie filling to hold its own. You won’t even miss the flaky crust or a rolling pin! The fresh, ripe-in-season strawberries with the sugar and the JELL-O create a beautiful, delicious gluten-free fruit pie! Trust me, even gluten-eating people will love this fresh strawberry pie!
There is something magical about strawberry season. It is such a short season, and the berries are full of flavor and so beautiful. Their bright red color makes this fresh strawberry pie pop off the plate. Top it with a bit of whipped cream, and it is perfect!
I modified a fresh strawberry pie recipe from an old church cookbook that has been in my family for years. I cannot even eat a different type of strawberry pie without wishing it was this version. It is my favorite pie recipe! This strawberry pie has simple ingredients. It is also so easy to skip the traditional flaky crust and make a crustless version. From the first time you try it, this gluten-free pie will be your favorite recipe! Need another pie option, try crustless blueberry pie - also delicious!
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry JELL-O
See the recipe card for the exact measurements and complete instructions. Selected ingredients are based on current serving sizes measured by the Monash App at the time of publishing. As always, follow your gut and modify as needed.Jump to Recipe
In a medium saucepan, add the water, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook until the mixture thickens. Once it starts to boil, it will thicken quickly.
Then add one small package of strawberry JELL-O.
Cool the mixture and pour over whole strawberries placed into pie plate.
Put the pie pan into the fridge and allow it to cool and set. Once it is cool, you can slice it and serve it with whipped cream.
- Fruit Options - Add blueberries and raspberries! Make it a triple-berry crustless pie!
- JELL-O - Use a box of raspberry JELL-O instead of strawberry!
More Strawberry Recipes
Want to enjoy the flavor of freshly picked strawberries from the field all year? Make a batch or two of strawberry freezer jam! Make a classic gluten-free strawberry shortcake to use up more of your berries.
More than likely, the sugar didn’t fully dissolve in the first step. Pour the unset pie over a scoop of vanilla ice cream and make it a sundae!
There is a great coconut cream option at Aldi grocery store!
I would not recommend it. White sugar pairs well with the strawberries and keeps the flavor more about the berries and less about the sugar flavor.
You will want to cut your crustless strawberry pie into small pieces. Monash University says six strawberries or 75 grams is a safe serving. This is at the time of publishing. However, test the amount of strawberries you can safely tolerate without symptoms. Listen to your gut and modify as necessary.
Crustless Strawberry Pie On The Go
We are out and about in June during peak strawberry season. Whether it is softball games or camping, we are rarely home. In order to enjoy the strawberry season, I needed to create a way to take our best crustless strawberry pie recipe on the go!
I created mini crustless strawberry pies! We could enjoy them while camping or sitting at the ball field—all the best things of June, softball, camping, and strawberry pies. Nobody is missing strawberry season at our house!
Best Crustless Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 8 inch Deep Pie Plate
- Medium Saucepan
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 ounce box of strawberry JELL-O
- 1 Quart fresh strawberries
- Over medium heat, add the water, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil. Remove from the heat once the mixture has thickened - to the consistency of syrup.
- Add a small package of strawberry JELL-O. Stir until the JELL-O is dissolved and fully incorporated.
- Wash and remove the stems from the strawberries. Lay the whole berries on the bottom of the pie plate. You may need more or less depending on the size of your strawberries.
- Once the mixture has stopped steaming, pour it over the strawberries on the pie plate.
- Put the filled pie dish in the refrigerator to cool. Serve the pie with whip cream.