Love cookies? Love peanut butter and chocolate together? Reese’s Peanut Butter Chip Chewy Cookies Recipe is a chocolate and peanut butter lover's dream come true! The chewy peanut butter cookie is filled with chocolate chips, Reese’s peanut butter chips, and mini peanut butter cups!
I love delicious cookies. The ones that are 100% worth the calories, you know, the kind I am talking about. Skip the prepackaged cookies made a year ago. Make a cookie from scratch with everything you love, including the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Best part, they are easily modified to be gluten free.
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Butter - Softened.
- White Sugar - Plain white granulated sugar.
- Light Brown Sugar - Light or dark brown sugar will work.
- Salt - table salt, normal salt, whatever you want to call it. Not Kosher salt.
- Gluten-Free Flour - I love Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
- Baking Soda - Makes the cookies rise.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
See the recipe card for the exact measurements and complete instructions. Selected ingredients are based on current serving sizes measured by the Monash FODMAP App at the time of publishing. As always, follow your gut and modify as needed.Jump to Recipe
Cream the softened butter and peanut butter in a stand mixing bowl with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer.
If using natural peanut butter, use a hand mixer, with one beater attached, to mix the natural peanut butter so no oil is seen and it is fully incorporated.
Next, add the sugars. Mix on low to medium speed for two minutes to allow the sugars to cream into the softened butter.
Add in the eggs, one at a time. Stir the mixture after each egg.
In a small bowl, add the dry ingredients: gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk it all together.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Stir in the Reese’s peanut butter chips and the chocolate chips.
Bake the cookies in a 325 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown with crispy edges. Do not overbake.
Allow the warm cookies to rest on the baking sheet for five minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Peanut Butter M&M’s - They will add beautiful colors to your cookies.
- Butterfinger's - Topping your Reese’s peanut butter cookies with chopped Butterfinger’s would be delicious!
- Reese's Pieces - Another great colorful candy option for a topping.
- Flour Options - If you do not need to make a gluten free cookies, swap the gluten free flour to an all-purpose flour.
- Chip Options - Use white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or mini chocolate chips.
Once cookies are completely cooled, please place them in an airtight container. Cookies will be fresh for 3-5 days. Freeze any cookies in a freezer-friendly container or a freezer bag. Defrost before eating, or don't. Frozen cookies stashed in the freezer are a mom's best-kept secret!
Add a few great cookie recipes to your magical powers! They will come in handy for all cookie-related emergencies. Additional cookie recipe options that are also gluten free include monster cookies and easy peanut butter M&M cookies. Need a quick no bake gluten free option, try Nutella Puppy Chow! They are all worth the calories and are absolutely delicious.
The cookies will still be delicious, but they will crumble and not be chewy. They are great for an ice cream topping.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar - packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer bowl with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, cream the softened butter and the peanut butter. If using a natural peanut butter, use a hand mixer, with one beater attached, to mix the natural peanut butter together so there is no oil seen, and it is fully incorporated.
- Next, add the sugars. Mix for two minutes to allow the sugars to cream into the softened butter.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, add the dry ingredients: gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk it all together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the Reese’s peanut butter chips and the chocolate chips.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, and scoop out 12 equal cookie dough balls.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven set to 325 degrees F for 15 minutes. Do not overbake. Once out of the oven, top each cookie with mini Reese's peanut butter cups.
- Allow the cookies to rest for five minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.