As an alternative to garlic cheese bread or even a basic cracker, Parmesan Cheese Crisps are up to the task! They are so simple it almost feels too good to be true.
These crisps are a salty, and chewy counterpart to any Italian dish. Serving a simple spaghetti for supper and need something else, these fit the bill.
They are gluten-free, low FODMAP, and low carb. Everyone's dream.
- Parmesan Cheese - that's it!
Grab a cookie sheet, a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet, and the shredded parmesan cheese. Make little piles of cheese using your tablespoon as a guide.
It is important to make the piles even, so they all melt and cook equally.
Bake in a 400°F oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure you keep an eye on the parmesan cheese crisps. They will go from perfect to burnt with a blink of an eye.
Allow to cool before taking them off the cookie sheet. If you would like to mold them into a vessel to hold a small salad or pepperoni for a charcuterie board now is the time to do it. Find a comparative-sized bowl, place the warm parmesan crisp, and encourage it to mold itself to the inverted bowl.
- Level up your flavor and sprinkle on spices
- Don't have parmesan cheese - try Pecorino Romano
- Add a pepperoni to the middle of the cheese before baking. It will be like a mini pizza with a crust!
- A spicy version - add a jalapeno to the middle before baking. It would be great to dip into queso or salsa as a chip alternative.
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese - Shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a cookie sheet, covered with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet, pour 6 piles of parmesan cheese. Place the piles of cheese about ½ inch apart to give them room to spread out.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Cool before handling.