Blueberry vodka lemonade cocktail is the unofficial drink of the warm summer months. It is a light, fruity, and refreshing cocktail. Muddled blueberries give the lemonade a vibrant pink color and its unmistakable blueberry flavor. This easy cocktail recipe will quickly become your summer signature drink!
I love creating beautiful cocktail recipes. Using fresh fruit that is ripe and in season is a great way to discover new fruity drink recipes. After a long day, sipping on a colorful cocktail is my favorite way to end a hot summer day. Create this delicious cocktail from sweet blueberries, fresh lemonade, and good vodka. Skip the crushed ice and use frozen blueberries instead! They keep your drink cold without diluting it!
- Blueberry Vodka - I used a middle-of-the-line blueberry vodka. I love testing new drink recipes with small bottles because I don’t want to commit to large ones. It is a great way to try new drink recipes without the expense of a large bottle.
- Blueberries - Fresh blueberries work best. If you only have frozen blueberries, defrost before muddling.
- Lemonade - Homemade lemonade made from fresh lemons is best!
- Sugar - White granulated sugar. This ingredient is optional. If you like sweet fruity drinks, add the sugar. If you do not, this is totally optional.
See the recipe card for the exact measurements and complete instructions. Selected ingredients are based on current serving sizes measured by the Monash FODMAP App at the time of publishing. As always, follow your gut and modify as needed.Jump to Recipe
Grab your cocktail shaker and toss the fresh blueberries and optional sugar. If you love sweet drinks, add the extra sugar if you don’t leave it out. Either way, it is delicious.
Crush the sweet blueberry mixture with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a wooden spoon. Muddling will release all the blueberry juice and the beautiful color into the cocktail shaker.
Pour 1 ounce of blueberry vodka into the shaker. Add more vodka if you want a high alcohol content drink. Need a cocktail with less alcohol content, add less. My OXO cocktail shaker has these measurements conveniently located on the cover! I love this feature!
Next, add homemade lemonade. You can use lemonade from the grocery store if you are short on time. Look for one with minimal ingredients. Lemonade is made out of lemons, sugar, and water - that’s it!
Add the cover to your shaker and shake for thirty seconds. Strain the cocktail with a fine-mesh strainer. This will remove all the blueberry seeds and skins. If you want a more rustic cocktail or are in a hurry, feel free to skip this step.
Pour the strainer drink back into the shaker and add some crushed ice. Put the cover back on and shake again for thirty seconds. Shaking the ice will quickly cool your drink without diluting it.
Pour your blueberry vodka lemonade cocktail into two fancy glasses or a mason jar. Add frozen blueberries to keep your drink cool and lemon slices.
- Vodka - If you do not have blueberry vodka, substitute it with plain vodka.
- Lemonade - Want to add more pink color, substitute lemonade for pink lemonade!
- Blueberries - Skip the fresh blueberries and add homemade blueberry syrup.
- Lime Juice - Add lime juice to create a stronger citrus note.
- Herbs - A great way to add additional color and flavor is to add fresh basil and fresh mint.
- Spritzer - Add a splash of club soda or lemon-lime soda to add some bubbles!
- Garnish Options - Beyond blueberries and a lemon wedge, add some edible flowers.
I love the portability of a mason jar. Pour your drink into a mason jar, add a cover, and off you go! It is the best way to take your blueberry vodka drink to a friend's house. Better yet, double the recipe, pour it into a bigger mason jar, and share it with your friends!
Store any leftover blueberry vodka lemonade cocktail in the refrigerator until you are ready to drink it. If you want to freeze it for later, grab some ice cube trays and pour the fruity cocktail into the trays. Add a fresh blueberry into each cube and freeze! Once frozen, serve your drink with your favorite sparkling water!
Additional Drink Options
Risky Rhubarb - Uses the springtime rhubarb to create a tart, slushy drink.
Bloody Mary - Classic tomato-based vodka drink with all the spice and garnishes you want!
Homemade Lemonade - Sour lemons sweetened with sugar - summer in a glass. I won't tell if you enjoy it year around!
Absolutely! Enjoy all the flavors of this drink without the vodka. Add some additional fresh blueberries and a splash of fresh lemon juice to create the perfect balance for the mocktail.
Wild blueberries are a great option for the fresh blueberries in this drink recipe. Wild blueberries are more tart, creating a more tart flavor profile for your drink. If you love tart carry-on, it will be delicious. If you don't love tart drinks and want to use wild blueberries, increase the sugar by ¼ teaspoon. This will add additional sweetness to the blueberry cocktails.
Using fun glassware is what enjoying classic cocktails is all about. Don't get me wrong. I love a good mason jar too! But I also love a martini glass, a coupe glass, and a hurricane glass. If you need a great holiday gift idea for someone with everything, get them beautiful bar glasses for their collection! Serving a classic cocktail in a gorgeous glass at a dinner party is a great thing!
Blueberry Vodka Lemonade Cocktail
- ¼ cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon White Granulated Sugar - optional
- 1 oz. Blueberry Vodka
- 1 cup Homemade Lemonade
- In a cocktail shaker and the fresh blueberries and sugar if using.
- Crush the blueberries with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a wooden spoon. Muddling will release all the blueberry juice and release beautiful colors into the cocktail shaker.
- Pour 1 ounce of blueberry vodka into the shaker.
- Add the lemonade.
- Add the cover to your shaker and shake for thirty seconds. Strain the cocktail with a fine-mesh strainer. This will remove all the blueberry seeds and skins. If you want a more rustic cocktail, feel free to skip this step.
- Pour the strainer drink back into the shaker and add some crushed ice. Put the cover back on and shake again for thirty seconds. Shaking the ice will quickly cool your drink without diluting it.
- Pour your blueberry vodka lemonade cocktail into two fancy glasses or a mason jar. Add frozen blueberries to keep your drink cool and lemon slices for garnish.